Greater Dandenong Sports Directory
Do you like the Sports in Greater Dandenong?
Greater Dandenong Sports
Sport organisations in and around Greater Dandenong in Victoria, Australia provide a variety of activities, programs, facilities, and services to promote active and healthy lifestyles among the local community. They cater to different age groups, abilities, interests, and skill levels, and collaborate with schools, clubs, associations, and councils to enhance participation, inclusion, and diversity in sports.
Here are some of the notable sport organisations in and around Greater Dandenong in Victoria, Australia, categorised by their benefits and activities:
1. Health and Fitness
- YMCA South East Health and Fitness: Offers gym, group fitness, personal training, aquatic, and children's programs, as well as community spaces and events. Contact: 03 9701 5100.
- Curves Dandenong: Provides women-only gym, weight loss, and fitness classes, as well as personalised coaching and support. Contact: 03 9793 1599.
- Orangetheory Fitness: Combines science, technology, and coaching to deliver high-intensity interval training that strengthens the heart, burns calories, and improves endurance. Contact: 03 8786 3900.
- Dandenong Oasis: Features indoor and outdoor pools, water slides, splash park, spa, sauna, and steam room, as well as swimming lessons, aqua aerobics, and school programs. Contact: 03 9794 1111.
- Noble Park Aquatic Centre: Offers heated indoor and outdoor pools, diving boards, water play area, and BBQ facilities, as well as swim squads, aqua aerobics, and disabled access. Contact: 03 9547 5800.
- Casey RACE: Provides 50-meter indoor pool, hydrotherapy pool, warm water pool, water slides, spa, sauna, and steam room, as well as swim lessons, squad training, and recreation activities. Contact: 03 5990 8600.
3. Team Sports
- Dandenong Basketball Association: Hosts junior and senior basketball competitions, representative teams, development programs, and community events, as well as hire facilities. Contact: 03 9794 7192.
- Springvale Indoor Sports Centre: Offers indoor cricket, netball, soccer, and dodgeball leagues, as well as social events, parties, and corporate functions. Contact: 03 9547 2555.
- Southern United Hockey Club: Fields men's and women's teams in the Victorian Premier League and other grades, as well as junior and masters teams, and provides coaching, umpiring, and facilities. Contact: 03 9795 0506.
4. Individual Sports
- Sandown Horse Racing Club: Operates a racecourse that hosts thoroughbred racing events throughout the year, as well as functions, conferences, and weddings. Contact: 03 9518 1362.
- Dandenong Table Tennis Association: Conducts social and competitive table tennis activities for all skill levels, as well as coaching, mentoring, and tournaments, and has over 300 members. Contact: 03 9792 5294.
- Dandenong Tennis Club: Offers 12 synthetic grass courts, lighting, club rooms, and coaching programs for juniors and adults, as well as competitions, social events, and membership options. Contact: 03 9791 3222.
5. Community Sports
- Greater Dandenong Leisure Facilities Association: Manages and operates four major recreation and leisure centres in the region, including Dandenong Oasis, Springers Leisure Centre, Noble Park Aquatic Centre, and Doveton Pool in the Park. Contact: 03 8571 1000.
- Greater Dandenong Netball Association: Supports over 2,000 netball players and officials across 100 teams, as well as umpires, coaches, and volunteers, and provides programs for schools and disability groups. Contact: 03 9794 7923.
- Dandenong Valley Catchment Landcare Group: Works to protect and enhance the natural environment and biodiversity of the Dandenong Creek catchment area, and collaborates with landowners, government agencies, and community groups. Contact: 03 9798 2672.
Overall, sport organisations in and around Greater Dandenong in Victoria, Australia contribute to the physical, social, emotional, and environmental well-being of the local community, and offer a range of opportunities to stay active, engaged, and connected. To learn more about these organisations and their programs, contact them directly or visit their websites.
Greater Dandenong Sports Articles