Greater Dandenong Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Greater Dandenong?
Greater Dandenong Tourism
Greater Dandenong is a beautiful city located south-east of Melbourne, Victoria. With plenty of historical attractions, natural wonders, and cultural hubs, this city is a perfect spot for tourists. From getting glimpse of wildlife in the national parks to enjoying sports and catching a perfomance at cultural centres, Greater Dandenong offers a rich mix of tourist attractions. Here are a few must-visit spots in and around the city:
National Parks and Reserves:
- Dandenong Ranges National Park: A breathtaking national park located on the eastern edge of Melbourne, offering some of the most beautiful natural sceneries in Victoria. The park offers well-maintained walking trails, picnic spots amidst the lush greenery, and an excellent opportunity to spot native wildlife such as lyrebirds, wallabies, and kookaburras.
- Lysterfield Park: Lysterfield Park is a stunning park located 15km east of Melbourne. It offers a range of activities such as cycling tracks, barbecue areas, picnic spots, and even a beach. The park is an ideal spot for families and nature lovers.
Cultural and Entertainment Centres:
- Drum Theatre: The Drum Theatre is a popular cultural centre in Dandenong that showcases local and international acts, including theatre, music, dance, and comedy. The theatre regularly hosts events, and you can check the website for upcoming performances.
- Heritage Hill Museum : The museum showcases the city's rich history and heritage. Visitors can explore historic houses which offer an insight into the lives of pioneers who settled in the city.
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery: A cemetery may not be the first place that comes to mind when you think about tourist attractions, but the Springvale Botanical Cemetery is unique in that it is vast and beautifully landscaped, providing a peaceful respite amidst a busy city.
Shopping and Dining:
- Dandenong Market: The Dandenong Market is the largest and the oldest markets in Melbourne’s southeast. It is a vibrant and bustling place where you can find everything from fresh produce to vintage items and clothing.
- Harmony Square: A public open space that is often host to outdoor events, such as the Springvale Lunar New Year Festival. Harmony Square is an ideal spot to enjoy outdoor dining, live music and movie screenings.
Other Interesting Attractions:
- Fo Guang Shan Melbourne Buddhist Temple: The temple offers a spiritual escape from the urban hustle and bustle of the city. Visitors can explore the peaceful surrounding, and experience an authentic Buddhist ceremony
- Oakwood Park Public Golf Course: Oakwood Park is a public golf course in Dandenong that offers an enjoyable round of golf for golfers of all abilities.
Whether you love natural parks, cultural centres or shopping, Greater Dandenong has something to offer for everyone. It’s a beautiful, vibrant city waiting to be explored. Use the contact details on the websites to plan your trip today!
Greater Dandenong Tourism Articles